Shree Maa cooks bitter melon as a vegetable dish, but it can also be juiced.
Bitter Melon has numerous health benefits. It can treat anything from a simple stomach ache to cancer and diabetes. It also protects the heart from any irregularities and keeps arteries from clogging.
The health benefits in bitter melon far outweigh the bitter taste. Give this wonderful recipe a try and be on the road to better health!
1. In a medium pressure cooker add bitter melon and potatoes and fill up pressure cooker half way up with water
2. Cook until you hear three whistlers blow
3. Remove from heat
4. When cooled, open pressure cooker and drain water
5. Peel potatoes
6. Place potatoes and bitter melon in a medium bowl and mash with hands until mushy
7. Add ghee, red chili powder, salt and black pepper
8. Serve hot as a side dish