Add protein to your diet with this hearty recipe which can be made in about 10 minutes! Shree Maa makes cooking fun and easy. The masala in this recipe can be adjusted by adding and subtracting various spices. This is sure to be a family favorite! Enjoy!
2 cans (15 oz) garbanzo beans (rinsed)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp red chili powder (optional)
1/4 tsp cumin powder (optional)
1/4 tsp coriander powder
pinch cardamom powder (optional)
~2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
1. Heat olive oil in a small or medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add spices ( salt, asafoetida, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder) and fry for a few minutes to sizzle the spices, taking care not to burn them.
3. Add garbanzo beans and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add cardamom powder and fresh cilantro and cook a few more minutes.
5. Serve hot with naan, chapattis or rice.