Shree Maa’s savory vegetable noodle soup warms the body and soul on cold, rainy, and wintery days!
Shree Maa makes this soup as a lunch entree, and it is particularly filling when accompanied with a favorite sandwich, bread, or even a tossed green salad.
Enjoy this is perfect, hearty soup with a wonderful flavor!
1-2 cups chopped celery
5-6 medium tomatoes cubed or sliced
1 zucchini thinly sliced in half moon shapes
2 quarts water (adjust to desired consistency)
1/4 cup mini spaghetti noodles
¼ tsp ground clove powder
2-3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp asafoetida
1½ tsp cumin powder
2-3 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
1. Heat olive oil in a 4 quart soup pot on medium-high heat
2. Add asafoetida and fry, then add cumin seed powder and continue to fry
3. Add celery and tomatoes and cook until soft, then add water and continue to cook
4. Use a hand blender to puree the soup
5. Add zucchini
6. In another pot, boil water to cook mini spaghetti according to package instructions – drain and set aside
7. Add pasta to the soup and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes
8. Sprinkle with clove powder at the end
9. Serve hot with your favorite sandwich or crusty bread