Modaks are Ganesha’s favorite sweet, and at the Devi Mandir, He gets them on every chaturthi! The following recipe is a special modak recipe that Shree Maa created herself. We hope you like it!
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 Tablespoon ghee
1. Melt a little bit of ghee in a non-stick frying pan.
2. Add the ricotta cheese and cook over low heat.
3. Add sweetener, such as jaggery powder (4 Tablespoons), and milk powder and continue to cook over slow fire. The mixture should become semi-solid but not hard.
4. Remove from fire and let it cool a few minutes.
5. In another pan, fry together coconut powder with jaggery.
6. Put little ghee in the palms of your hand and then make little circles with the outside layer (coconut/jaggery mixture).
7. Put cheese filling inside and wrap into the shape of modaks.