My Beloved Children,
In the month of September we have a new sankalpa – this month we will worship Maha Lakshmi.
In the lunar month of Bhadrapada (August-September) there is a special 16 day festival called the Mahalakshmi Vrat in which devotees perform many austerities to attain the grace of Maha Lakshmi.
Worshipping Goddess Lakshmi in this month will bring the grace of Ashtalakshmi, the eight forms of Lakshmi Devi:
- Adi Lakshmi: continuous flow of wealth and prosperity
- Dhana Lakshmi: wealth of income, comfort, virtue, and character
- Dhanya Lakshmi: wealth of grain and health
- Dhairya Lakshmi: wealth of patience, spiritual strength and courage
- Gaja Lakshmi: wealth of animals, power, royalty
- Santan Lakshmi: wealth of desirable family, children, social connections
- Vijay Lakshmi: wealth of victory to over come all hurdles on path, strength
- Vidya Lakshmi: wealth of wisdom, knowledge, arts, sciences
I am requesting you all to chant the Lakshmi Asthakam and contemplate its meaning. Pray to Mahalakshmi to bestow grace onto you and your family.
Please chant one time per day in the month of September.
Take my love and blessings,
Shree Maa and Swamiji
Listen to Shree Maa Sing Mahalakshmi Ashtakam: