Shree Maa makes all kinds of pakoras and fried vegetables. These potato-broccoli pakoras are Her own creation, and they are very delicious, especially when served hot and fresh!
4 cups medium red potatoes, boiled and mashed
3 cups broccoli florets, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. asafoetida
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. garam masala
1/2 tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
Olive oil for frying
1. In a small pot, fry olive oil, asafoetida, and salt.
2. Add cumin powder and garam masala and continue to fry a couple of more minutes.
3. Combine mashed potatoes and broccoli using your hands.
4. Add flour and spice mixture. If needed, add a little water to adjust consistency.
5. Prepare into 2 inch flat patties.
6. Pan fry and serve hot as a side dish.